1. Ask Friends for Help – Have a good friend help you write your profile. Sometimes an outside perspective can uncover strengths you weren’t aware of.
2. Avoid Common Phrases and Cliches’ – Think of interesting qualities that help you stand out and that will showcase your personality.
3. Include Activities That You Love – Tell them ‘dream date’ ideas and everyday activities you love!
4. Choose Interesting Images – Do you play an instrument? Do you enjoy a sport? Show THOSE images. You’ll be surprised how many more views you get when you share your hobbies.
5. Keep it Positive – Avoid negative subjects and be positive about yourself!
6. Tell the Truth – Lying doesn’t get you anywhere in the dating world. Honesty is always the best policy.
7. Update Regularly – Keep your profile up to date. Revitalize your profile on a regular basis with relevant information about your current interests, activities, etc.
8. Use Proper Grammar – Many people find spelling and grammatical errors a big turn-off. Take the time to do it right. Show you care about how you present yourself.
9. Smile – People want to see you smile, not pout.
10. Choose Recent Photos – If photos are more than a year old, remove them. Perspective matches want to see what you look like now. (A common complaint among those who use dating sites is that their dates don’t look like their pictures.) Make sure you post more than one photo!
11. Make it Fun – Show your sense of humor. Make people laugh. It will make you stand out in the crowd!