We Love Relationships! – Our goal is for you to find what you came to look for. Whether it is friendship, casual dating or love we want to make sure we give you as many tools as possible to make your search easier, safer and more fun! Take a look at our 9 Tips for keeping safe.
1. Tell Someone – Tell friends and family where you are going to be, who you are going with, and when you are getting home. When you are safely home, let them know. Set a time where, if they haven’t heard from you, they call and check up on you. If plans change, keep them updated (to avoid false alarms!)
2. Stay Sober – Go easy on the alcohol. Limit your alcohol consumption and make sure that ALL drinks you consume are either delivered directly by the bartender or picked up by you. Do not accept drinks from other people.
3. Limit How Much Personal Information You Share. – Don’t discuss your address, job location or places you frequently visit.
4. Do Some Online Investigating – Google your potential online date. Search for photos, phone number, etc. Be sure that the data matches what has been shared with you.
5. Talk on the Telephone BEFORE Your First Date- Be sure to talk on the phone so you can hear your match’s demeanor. Trust your intuition, if you hear anything that worries you, accept that this person might not be the best match for you and move on. It’s better to be safe than sorry.
6. Stay in a Crowd – Your initial dates should be in public places, during daylight hours. Stay away from remote locations and long hikes to underpopulated places. Make sure there is a crowd around you.
7. Remember that this person is still a stranger to you, and you’re probably not in the habit of letting strangers into your home. It might seem a little old-fashioned, but the right person will understand that using caution is smart and will not pressure you to break your boundaries.
8. Red Flags Not everyone joins this type of site for the right reasons. Beware of anyone who:
9. In a nutshell, use common sense, trust your instincts and choose the safest path. If someone seems too good to be true, gets aggressive or pushy, presses for information that is too personal or puts your safety at risk, we recommend you BLOCK that person and REPORT their profile to us immediately.